Ave Pa'anga Pau TDB Ltd (we) value your privacy.This privacy statement sets out how we collect and manage your personal information.
Personal information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
· Contact and activity information. For example: name, mailing address, phone number, email address, user name, date of birth, contact preferences, activity logs specific to our internet banking systems, or when you share content from a social media account we manage.
· Financial information. For example: information about your financial position.
· Technical information that identifies the computers or devices you use to access our properties and the manner by which you use them.
· Usage information regarding your activities on our properties. For example: the date and time of visits, pages visited, interactions with tools, calculators &advertising.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you in order to:
· respond to your enquiries and fulfil your requests;
· inform you about important information regarding our website, products or services for which you apply or maybe interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
· deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
· personalise your experience on our website;
· verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and personal information; allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how your personal information is used and shared. We’ll always make those rules available to you;
· allow you to use some of our online financial planning tools. Information that you enter into one of these planning tools may be stored for future access and use.You have the option not to save the information;
· consolidate your financial account information at one online location, understand what product or service may be of interest to you, and present you with offers;
· verify your identity and account status, which we may combine with information collected from offline sources or information we already have;
· assist with data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the website, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
· assist with risk control, such as fraud detection and prevention; and
· comply with laws and regulations, legal process and law enforcement requirements. Some of the key laws which may apply include the:
o Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-TerrorismFinancing Act 2006 (Cth);
o Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) and State and Territory real property and security interests laws;
o Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);and
o Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth),Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cth) and other taxation laws.
If we are unable to collect your personal information we will not be able to provide services to you.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information from you.
If we cannot collect personal information about you we may not be able to provide you with our services.
How we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate and to third parties, including:
· VerifyIdentity – electronic verification using third-party provider Cloudcheck.
· CymonzLtd - cloud based software provider
· TongaDevelopment Bank – bank account provider
Some of these third parties may not be located in Australia. For example, we employ service providers in New Zealand. We also disclose information to our related bodies corporate located in New Zealand, Australia and Tonga.
How you can contact us
You can contact us using the detail below:
· Phone: +67624465
· Email: email@example.com
· Mail: APPTDB Ltd, P.O. Box 126, Nuku’alofa, TONGA.
· how you can access and correct the personal information we hold about you; and
· how you can complain about a breach by us of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and how we will deal complaints.
By agreeing to these terms you provide the following consents. If you do not wish to provide your consent to any of the matters listed below, please contact us immediately.
· You agree to us using and disclosing your personal information (including your telephone number, and your email or other electronic addresses) to provide you with marketing information. However, you can tell us that you no longer wish to use or disclose your personal information for these purposes by contacting us on +676-24465 or clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in an email we send you.
· You agree to the disclosure of your personal to entities located outside Australia.You acknowledge that by providing this consent, Australian Privacy Principal(“APP”) 8.1 will not apply to the disclosure (which means that we will not be obliged under the Privacy Act to take reasonable steps to ensure that an overseas recipient does not breach the APPs and we may not be liable under thePrivacy Act if the recipient does not act consistently with the APPs).